Five Pieces Which Blew My Mind
Fred Frith presented his five favourite pieces of music in conversation with music writer Rob Young at nyMusikk during the All Ears Festival, 11 January 2013.
Fred Frith is an internationally acclaimed composer, improvising musician and multi-instrumentalist, best known for his work on electric guitar, especially with the revolutionary Guitar Solos in 1974. Frith's works have been performed by Ensemble Modern, Hieronymus Firebrain, Arditti Quartet, Ground Zero, Robert Wyatt, Bang On A Can All-Stars and Rova Sax Quartet, among others.
Fred Frith at
All Ears 2013
Frith's Top 5:
1) Davy Graham & Shirley Collins - ‘Pretty Saro’ and ‘Rif Mountain’ from Folk Roots, New Routes
2) Luciano Berio & Cathy Berberian - Visage
3) René Lussier - ‘La mort du Concorde’, ‘Trésor de la Langue’
4) Olivier Messiaen – Turangalîla-Symphony
5) Charles Mingus – ‘In A Mellow Tone (Finale)’ from Town Hall Concert, 1962