Artistic Director of nyMusikk
nyMusikk is seeking a new Artistic Director.
nyMusikk is a nationwide organization for contemporary music, with eleven divisions and members across the country. nyMusikk’s headquarter is situated in Oslo and has four full-time employees. Currently, the organization produces two festivals, Only Connect and Off The Page, in addition to several events and concerts throughout the year.
nyMusikk is an important institution in contemporary music. Since its inception in 1938 the organization has been a pioneering force in exploratory music in Norway. In recent years nyMusikk’s artistic profile and large project portfolio have led to numerous collaborations and a larger audience. This is something we want to build on in our future work.
The Artistic Director is appointed with a fixed term of four years duration. Artistic Director is part of a team and is expected to be in dialogue with the local divisions. The position as Artistic Director is aligned with the position as Administrative Director and both executives report to the chairwoman.
We are seeking an Artistic Director who will further develop a strong artistic profile, and has the ability to think strategically and innovatively in terms of collaborations, programming and audience.
- Responsible for nyMusikks artistic program and key profile
- Responsible for developing nyMusikks artistic strategy
- Be artistic support for nyMusikks local departments
- Music and artistic expertise at high level
- Proven experience of artistic programming / curating
- National and international network within music and the arts
- Higher education of relevance from university or college
- Very good interpersonal skills and understanding of working in a team
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills in Norwegian / Nordic languages and English
- Good and inspiring working environment
- Great office space located in Grønland, Oslo
- Payment by agreement
The position is initially fulltime, but can be adapted for the right person.
Application by April 12, 2017.
Applications with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wanted accession autumn 2017.
Questions can be addressed to chairwoman, Tone Østerdal, phone +47 948 00172 or mail to email@example.com.